Where Nutritious Meets Delicious

Pages

Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

I know that sometimes it seems like the world is undergoing technical difficulties. That all the news is negative and that the ones "chosen" to make the decisions for a great many of us are doing a pathetic job. Well, let me introduce you to Kiva. If you haven't already met, this organization is changing lives one person at a time by allowing you and me to lend money to people in emerging nations so that they can empower themselves to a better life. It's so simple and it works.

  • Kiva's mission is to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty.
  • Kiva is the world's first person-to-person micro-lending website, empowering individuals to lend directly to unique entrepreneurs in the developing world.
I have loaned my first $100 to Ester Odiase who has a plaintain and yam store in Benin, Nigeria. I'll keep you posted.
Find out more about Ester here

Find out about Kiva here

No comments: